St. Aloysius Church

St Aloysius is a famous old glasgow chapel that was built in 1908. The original interior ceiling dome design of the chapel was deemed to be too bright for the times. So they decided to cover it up with magnolia paint 45 years ago. It stayed like that till 2004 when it was reinstated. It was far from being attractive from being covered in the smoke from thousands of candles. A full restoration and repaint was carried out .Scott Telfer and Stewart Mclaren carried out all detailed gilding work and associated banding required inside the main ceiling dome. We also did the gilding to all the pillar supports around the chapel walls. All existing carvings were also tipped with gold leaf. The overall project took over three months to complete.

Click here to view the church.